JK 🤍 Earth
The team here at Jamie Kay love our planet ♡ and we want to ensure we are doing our absolute best to eliminate any unnecessary plastic use & to reduce our overall footprint we leave on this beautiful land.
We want to share our journey with you and be completely transparent about our plans and the changes we are working on for 2020.
Currently we have the following changes already rolling out across our company
- From March 2020 our garments will phase in being delivered in cornstarch compostable garment bags.
- From April 2020 we will introduce our brand new cornstarch compostable courier bags for all worldwide deliveries - this will be an eventual phase in to avoid wastage of current stock of DHL/mailing bags.
- Our new warehouse management system that we implemented in November 2019 means that by early 2020 we will no longer require physical invoices to be included in orders - less paper & printing! Every year we can use in excess of 600,000 pieces of A4 Paper.
- All international orders shipped Via DHL that require a box will be sent in the recycled cardboard boxes.
Our future Goals for 2020 + Beyond ..
- To source a compostable courier ticketing option
- To convert all cardboard cartons used for inbound freight deliveries into recycled cardboard . At present all deliveries from India are packaged in recycled cardboard.
- To source a more sustainable sticker/label option for our barcodes + other label applications.
2021 Update: Due to the Covid -19 Pandemic across the globe we have encountered many delays for our implementation of cornstarch bags. However we are happy to say that 80% of our products are currently being shipped in Cornstarch bags and by the end of 2021 all India made production will also be supplied in compostable bags.